21/11/2013

Opus story

Opus was some two months old when I first held him in my arms. He was the sweetest cat I had ever seen. Unfortunately, he tested positive for feline leukemia. The decision to keep him or put him to sleep was hard, since I have another cat, a beautiful black beast named Mefisto (now he is twelve years old). I had many sleepless nights until I found out that a new treatment for leukemia was available in the United States (http://tcyte.com/). The story of how I was able to bring TCyte to Mexico was also incredible, but I made it and Opus had his firs round of treatment at the beginning of 2013. Since then, he has remained totally healthy, except for a minor problem with gingivitis that is easily treated with some gel and antibiotics if needed. Another round of TCyte started today and I feel very optimistic that Opus and Mefisto will live together for a long time.
By the way, Mefisto tested negative for leukemia, so the mainstream idea that a FelV positive cat must be euthanized immediately seems now ridiculous to me. They deserve a chance to live. Just look at how happy they look together!

No comments:

Post a Comment